The soap opera, Generations will go off air next week after its current batch of episodes featuring 16 now-axed cast members conclude, the SABC said.
The series will resume on 1 December, said the broadcaster’s spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago.
The current set of episodes feature 16 actors who last month were booted from the show after going on strike over a wage dispute.
On Friday, the fired actors approached the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) to seek reinstatement.
The series producer Mfundi Vundla had apparently sent out an SMS declaring “new show is Top Secret!!”
Local drama Skeem Saam is set to replace Generations in its weekday 20:00 time-slot in the interim.